What is The Daniel Fast?
Dear AGCC Family,
You are invited to enter into this 40-Day Jesus Retreat with us. We will be praying and fasting from March 6th to April 14th. If you are not able to fast due to health issues, please pray with us during this time. The Chapel will be open from 11:30-1:30 Mon-Fri for anyone who wants to come pray during their lunch break. We also have prayer every Tuesday at 7pm in the Chapel that you are encouraged to attend. If you’re just finding out about this today, no worries, just jump right in with us, it’s not too late! May God bless you and may this season of fasting and prayer be a tremendous blessing to you and may you grow ever closer to the Lord. Pastor Joanna
- Find a quiet place and an unhurried time to spend some quality time with God. Begin by asking the Lord to join you in this special time.
- Step outside your immediate concerns for the day and focus your attention on knowing Jesus and seeking His guidance.
- Read slowly the passage of the day and listen for God’s special message for you.
- Read the passage again, slowly. Look for a specials word, phrase, or thought that seems to speak directly to you and your life.
- Meditate on that message. Breathe each word in, each word out. Make it part of you.
- Write down the impression you have from this passage. It would be helpful to keep a journal of each day’s thoughts.
- Thank the Lord for speaking with you and seek to make his message real in your life today.
A 40 Day Retreat with Jesus
We spend much of our lives running from one event to another. Rarely do we step aside and listen for God to speak directly to us. Take this 40-day retreat and dedicate yourself to hearing from Jesus. Ask Him to make dramatic changes in your life and be diligent in spending time each day in a quiet place reserved for Him. Follow the seven suggested
steps below each day as you move through these important New Testament passages.
Day 1. Romans 12:1-2 Day 21. Colossians 3:12-17
Day 2. James 1:1-12 Day 22. Luke 11:29-36
Day 3. James 1:13-18 Day 23. 2 Peter 1:5-11
Day 4. James 1:19-27 Day 24. Acts 13:42-52
Day 5. James 2:14-20 Day 25. John 8:1-19
Day 6. James 3:13-18 Day 26. 1 John 2:1-6
Day 7. James 4:6-12 Day 27. 1 John 2:7-11
Day 8. Luke 18:10-14 Day 28. 1 John 2:15-17
Day 9. 1 Corinthians 12:12-27 Day 29. 1 John 3:1-3
Day 10. Ephesians 1:15-19 Day 30. 1 John 3:17-24
Day 11. Ephesians 2:4-10 Day 31. 1 John 4:7-21
Day 12. Ephesians 5:1-5 Day 32. 1 John 5:1-6
Day 13. Ephesians 5:6-20 Day 33. Matthew 14:25-33
Day 14. Luke 15:11-32 Day 34. Matthew 5:21-24
Day 15. Revelation 3:2-5 Day 35. Matthew 5:27-30
Day 16. Philippians 3:12-16 Day 36. Matthew 5:33-37
Day 17. Philippians 4:4-9 Day 37. Matthew 5:38-42
Day 18. Revelation .3:8-11 Day 38. Matthew 6:19-34 1
Day 19. Colossians 2:16-23 Day 39. Luke 14:25-35
Day 20. Colossians 3:1-11 Day 40. Revelation 21:1-4